Duke Realty Corporation
Duke Realty Corporation, one of the nation’s leading office and industrial real estate investment trusts (REIT), needed to grow its construction company’s third-party and design-build portfolio both regionally and nationally. Ross Reller, while at his former firm, was selected by Duke Realty Corporation and Duke Construction to lead a designbuild marketing campaign for the company. Reller devoted two years to learn the design-build business from inside one of the country’s leading development operations. Working under Duke’s President of Construction, Gary Burk, Reller was instrumental in:
- The assemblage of a new 800 acre campus for industrial design-build projects
- Negotiating with municipal officials for economic incentives for clients
- Evaluating industrial build-to-suit sites across central Indiana
- 12 build-to-suit projects totaling nearly two million square feet
- Multiple land parcel sales for third party development.